Kesha is set to release a documentary film about her last tough, but highly successful, last few years.
The singer, who calls her fans “Animals”, posted a picture of herself in black and white with a green praying mantis on her face with the title ‘Chapter 1: Fear’.
VIDEO: Rainbow The Film (Official Trailer)
Called Rainbow The Film here’s what else we know so far about the documentary:
- Rainbow The Film is directed by Kesha, her brother Lagan Sebert and Kevin Hayden.
- Rainbow is the title of her 2017 album.
- Rainbow The Film will be “a three-dimensional piece of art” according to Kesha.
- The film will have five chapters with the first one titled ‘Fear’.
- It will feature never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage on her Rainbow Tour.
- It will also feature her performing “Praying” at the Grammys earlier this year.
- She shouts out “You don’t own me!” to fans in the trailer.
- The documentary film will include “psychedelic vignettes” to convey the singer’s struggles and how she was able to overcome the darkest period of her life, according to Billboard.
- It will be released on Apple Music on August 10th.
Kesha told Billboard: “Making Rainbow the album was such a therapeutic process, and given the opportunity to turn it into a three-dimensional piece of art has helped me find even deeper healing and catharsis.”
Kesha was also pictured on Santa Monica beach in these rare candid pictures of the singer enjoying a dip in the Atlantic Ocean. Living nearby in Venice she was spotted in a full black outfit wearing a vintage Batman T-Shirt.
Kesha Trivia: Kesha Rose Sebert’s mom, Patricia Rose “Pebe” Sebert co-wrote the 1978 song “Old Flames Can’t Hold a Candle to You” made famous by Dolly Parton.